GETTING FREE FROM THE OCCULT
So you can receive the powerful Baptism in the Holy Spirit, function in the supernatural and hear God’s voice clearly all of the time
THE OCCULT IS FORBIDDEN BY SCRIPTURE:
Involvement in fortune telling, spiritism, magic and other occult practices or false religions or cults is absolutely forbidden by Scripture and condemned by God. Occult involvement breaks the first commandment and invokes God's curse.
Some scriptures for future reference:
Exodus 20:3-5 Jeremiah 27:9-10
Exodus 22:18 Zechariah 10:2
Leviticus 19:26, 31; 20:6, 27 Malachi 3:5
Deuteronomy 18:9-12 Acts 8:9-24; 16:16-18; 19:19
1 Chronicles 10:13-14 Galatians 5:16-21 (v. 20 especially)
Isaiah 8:19 Revelation 21:8; 22:14-15
EXAMINE YOUR INVOLVEMENT
Even if you did these as a child Even if before you were saved Even if in another church Even if you were the victim of it…
Have you ever (knowingly or unknowingly):
❑ Had your fortune told in any way, by the use of a crystal ball, cards, tea leaves, palm reading, pendulum, Ouija board or planchette, etc., or played with these things for fun (even when you were a child)?
❑ Read or followed horoscopes or any form of astrology?
❑ Been hypnotized or used hypnotism in any way?
❑ Been involved in any form of yoga?
❑ Attended a séance, spiritualist meeting or consulted a medium?
❑ Had a "life or reincarnation reading" or believed in reincarnation?
❑ Played with so-called "games" of an occult nature, such as Kreskin's E.S.P., Telepathy, Kabala, Dungeons and Dragons, etc?
❑ Watched television programs involving the occult (vampires, zombies, Harry Potter, Hobits) ?
Harrison Ford Indiana Jones Ghost Busters
❑ Sought spiritual healing in any way other than through Jesus Christ, such as psychic healers, spiritualist mediums, charmers or magic conjuration?
❑ Been involved in Christian Science or any of the mind-science religions such as Unity, Science of Mind, Religious Science, etc?
❑ Used clairvoyance in any way, such as consulting a clairvoyant to find lost objects or to find water by "water witching" or "dowsing"?
❑ Practised table-lifting or levitation?
❑ Practised automatic writing?
❑ Possessed or carried a charm or fetish for "so-called" protection (ie., amulets, rabbit's foot, lucky penny, etc.)?
❑ Read or owned literature on occult or psychic subjects? (even novels read for fun)
❑ Tried to dominate or control other people? [Jezebel spirit]
❑ Been involved in Satanist groups or Satan worship?
❑ Taken any of the so-called mind expanding drugs, such as LSD, marijuana, etc.?
❑ Possessed any occult or pagan religious objects or pictures, such as Buddha, Tiki, etc.?
❑ Been involved in magic, witchcraft, sorcery, casting of spells or hexes, etc.?
❑ Practised transcendental meditation or any other kind of passive meditation?
❑ Practised astral projection or travel, mind reading, telepathy or thought transference, clairvoyance, E.S.P., or attempted to use the power of "mind over matter," etc.?
❑ Been involved in any other religion other than Christianity or Judaism?
❑ Been involved in Masons, Elks, Shriners, Order of the Royal Purple or related organizations? (Others in your family involved?)
❑ Been involved with homosexuality? Active participant, watcher of, victim of...
❑ Followed an Elvis cult or a Michael Jackson fan club or…?
❑ Read or watched pornography of any kind?
❑ Listened to music and/or watched music videos that did not honour God?
❑ Martial arts (on any level) because of the eastern spirituality behind them
❑ Fortune cookies
❑ Images and icons in Roman Catholic and Orthodox churches
❑ Been involved in native spirituality? ❑ Sweet grass ceremonies (at schools, the legislature, city council…) ❑ Powwow ❑ Rain dance ❑ Sun dance ❑ Round dance ❑ Jingle dance ❑ First nations funeral ❑ Dream Catchers ❑ Sweat lodge
❑ Offerings to the dead (generational worship)
❑ Worship false gods (Hollywood, hockey players…)
❑ Prayed to dead saints
❑ Necromancy (communicating with the dead)
❑ Naturopathic medicine (homeopathy)
❑ Prostitution (male or female)
❑ Gambling (worshipping Persian god “luck”)
❑ Pokémon or other “magic” card games
❑ Abortion (spirit of Molech)
❑ Superstitions (walking under a ladder, spilling salt, breaking a mirror...)
❑ Overly caught up in demonology (chasing demons)
❑ Video games of the “spiritual” kind
❑ Communicated with “angels”
❑ Kundalini spirit (in many “manifestation” churches)
❑ Other: _____________________________________________________________
YOU MUST CLOSE THE DOOR ➲ Repentance is not enough – need to RENOUNCE
1. Anyone involved in the occult (knowingly or unknowingly) has opened a "door" of access to Satanic spirits. This door must be closed by definite action.
2. It is impossible for a Christian's SPIRIT to be possessed by any other spirit but the Holy Spirit, but a Christian's mind, will, emotions (soul realm) and body may be opened to satanic powers through occult involvement.
3. Occult oppression or bondage may result from involvement in occult practices as a student, follower, participant, practitioner, observer, or subject.
4. Occult oppression or bondage can be evidenced through a variety of symptoms.
A. Not hearing God clearly at all times ❒ “My sheep hear my voice” (John 10) ❑ “Man does not live by bread alone but by every word that (continuously) proceeds from the mouth of God” (Luke 4:4)
B. Confusion / Static
C. Swing in assurance of God’s love
1.Confess your faith in Christ: "Lord Jesus, I believe in You as the Son of God. I know Your Blood was shed that I might be set free from all of Satan's power. I acknowledge You as my Saviour and Lord."
2. Verbally confess any participation in the occult: All occult involvement must be confessed as sin if you want to be free of it. Pray: "Father, in Jesus' Name, I confess that I have sinned against You and Your Word by (i.e., consulting a fortune teller, by attending a séance, by meditating passively, etc.)." Include each ones you have checked on the list.
3. Renounce Satan and command him to depart. For example: "Satan, I hereby renounce you and all your works in my life. I command you and all spirits under your control to go right now in Jesus' Name. By an act of my will I close all doors of my life that have been open to you right now. You have no access to my life anymore!"
4. Accept God's forgiveness (1 John 1:9). Pray: "Forgive me, Lord Jesus, for these sins I have confessed to You. Thank you Jesus for Your blood that cleanses me from all unrighteousness and sets me free. I accept Your forgiveness and freedom right now!”
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
5. Commit all areas of your life to God. For example: "Lord Jesus, I commit my entire being to you; body, soul, and spirit. Jesus, I choose to make You Lord over every area of my life. I choose to follow You in all that I do. I choose to be led by Your Spirit and to do only that which pleases You."
6. I receive from the Lord everything that the Devil has stolen from my life as a result of my involvement in any and all occult practices. (Proverbs 6:31)
MINISTRY TIME TO RECEIVE FREEDOM FROM THE OCCULT
❑ Break into small ministry groups
❑ Openly and verbally renounce before the others in the group those things you have marked on the sheets as having been involved in ❑ Pray through the six steps above if that helps you to accomplish this ❑ The group will then pray for you. This will help to seal your decision to break all ties to the occult and your past ❑ You will notice, almost immediately, an end to the confusion you have sensed in the spirit realm and you will hear His voice more clearly as well as experience His love more deeply
AFTERWARDS, TAKE RESPONSIBILITY:
1. Walk in the Spirit. Avoid additional demonic influence (Matthew 12:43-45).
2. Read the Word daily. (Psalm 119:11)
3. Pray. Develop a consistent, powerful prayer life (Ephesians 6:18, Luke 18:1, Jude 20).
4. Fellowship. Spend time with other Christians (Acts 2:41-47, Hebrews 10:24,25).
5. Resist the enemy. Stand against his temptations (Ephesians. 4:27, James 4:7, Galatians 5:1).
6. Praise the Lord! The enemy will flee (Psalms 34:1, John 4:23, 24, James 4:7,8).